Patrick Morrissey, General Manager of Altify, and host of Revenue Optimization Radio tackles why and how B2B companies need an account planning program. Morrissey quotes a McKinsey & Company five-year study that looked at annual growth rates and total return to shareholders for those that take a digital approach to account planning. They found that growth and return are double than those firms that don’t do it. It is a full 100 increase in shareholder return when a company does account planning.
In this podcast Morrissey talks about:
- What does “good look like” in customer relationships?
- How to create an actionable account management program
- What does an organization DO about account planning?
- Why is account planning a little like having a gym membership? Answer: You know you want to exercise, but you never seem to get around to it as much as you’d like.
- Why is it that account planning is disconnected from what sales reps or revenue teams are doing on a day to day basis?
- Why isn’t account planning attached to specific metrics and measurements?
- Why is there no cadence in an organization to drive customer satisfaction?
- How account planning delivers increased customer satisfaction
If account planning is something you are avoiding but want to do, listen to Patrick Morrissey as he lights a fire under your conscience.